Cartwheels will be holding it’s third Charity Quilting Exhibition on 28th, 29th and 30th September in aid of Bowel Cancer UK.
The exhibits will be the work of the ladies that attend Cartwheels sewing groups and workshops at the craft centre.
- £2 admission which will go straight to Bowel Cancer UK
- There will be a raffle with all proceeds going to Bowel Cancer UK with the first prize being a hand made quilt that has been kindly donated by Margrette Munroe who attends our sewing groups.
- Also prizes kindly donated by Penny O’Connor, Loveny Willow, Rock Cottage Pottery and Troutbeck Plant and Nursery.
- Disabled access and facilities with ample free off road parking
28th, 29th and 30th September 10am – 4pm
Please come along and view the fabulous work that will be on display, visit the shop and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee with a slice of delicious homemade cake and experience the inspirational and tranquil environment that Cartwheels has to offer, all while supporting a very worthwhile charity.
Cartwheels will be holding it’s sixth Summer Craft Fair on Saturday 16th June from 10am – 4pm.
- Come and see a wide variety of quality locally produced arts and crafts on sale:- Cornish Pebbles Jewellery, Loveny Willow, Clareabelle Crafts,The Felted Sheep, Lily Burl, Caradon Country Seat, Horse Shoe Art, Treweatha Crafts, Troutbeck Nurseries, Seapea, Penny O.Connor, Bill Jones Pottery, Chris Cook Stained Glass and many more.
- Visit Cartwheels Shop for all of your patchwork and quilting supplies as well as hand made cushions, bags, chickens, ducks, fabric boxes and much more
- Troutbeck Nurseries will be here with their wide range of quality plants including bedding, hanging baskets, herbs, perennials, roses, shrubs, hedging and much more.
- Refreshments on the lawn
- Disabled access and facilities
- Ample free off road parking
Come and enjoy the rural and inspirational setting that Cartwheels has to offer.
Thank you so much to everyone that supported our event on Saturday. We raised a fantastic £663.56 which has gone straight to Macmillan. The lucky winner of our main raffle prize was Bridget King of Loveny Willow. Bridget is now the proud owner of a lovely handmade quilt.
This month marks the 1st anniversary of the opening of Cartwheels Patchwork and Quilting Shop. We have had a fantastic first year and to celebrate we are offering 10% discount off everything in the shop (excluding workshops) on Saturday 12th March. Our opening hours for this day will be 9.30am – 4pm. Come along and have a browse around the shop and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and a slice of delicious homemade cake in our tea room. We hope to see you soon!
Cartwheels Craft Centre is holding a charity art exhibition to promote the work of local artists as well as raising money for CLIC Sargent, a very worthy cause. Come to this tranquil and inspirational setting to view a range of artistic styles created in a variety of media. Open Friday – Sunday 10am – 4pm.
The exhibition will feature work by:-
- Yvette Wiltshire
- Nicola Jane Rowles
- Karen Farrington
- Sarah J Perry
- Sheila Holland
- Paul Mallett
- Jennie Bonniface
As well as original artwork, there will be prints, cards, stationary and homeware available to purchase.
There will also be:-
- Raffle in aid of CLIC Sargent
£2 admission – all of which goes straight to CLIC Sargent
Ample free off road parking, disabled access and facilities
If you have any questions about the event please contact either Julia on 01579 343675 or 340026
As Cartwheels has recently merged with Dragonfly Crafts, we are now in the position to offer additional sewing groups:-
Monday mornings – 10am – 1pm £6 per session including tea/coffee and biscuits
Alternate Monday evenings – 7pm – 10pm £6 per session including tea/coffee and biscuits
2nd and 4th Thursday mornings – 10am – 1pm £6 per session including tea/coffee and biscuits
Bring along your sewing projects to work on or discuss ideas for new projects. Sue will be on hand during these sessions for help and guidance if needed. Block patterns can be provided if you wish, maybe make your first block into a cushion before progressing onto a sample quilt or wall hanging.
Don’t forget you will have access to Cartwheels Shop during these sessions to stock up on your fabric, threads, wadding, cushion pads and more.
If you are interested in joining one of these sessions contact either Julia or Sue on 01579 343675 / 340026.
If you have been watching the recent programme ‘The Big Painting Challenge’ you may be feeling inspired to have a go yourself and we have just the thing for you. Our summer term of art classes will be starting on Wednesday 15th April with local art tutor Yvette Wiltshire:-
Wednesday mornings – ‘An artistic journey in a range of mediums’ gives the opportunity to use your preferred medium or to experiment with new ones. Suitable for learners with little or no experience. 9.30am – 12.00 noon, £11 per session payable at the start of the term
Wednesday evenings – ‘Watercolour for beginners and improvers’ following a schedule with frequent demonstrations by the tutor and unlimited help and guidance. 7pm – 9.30pm, £11 per session payable at the start of the term.
Please contact Julia if you are interested
It has been lovely weather for ducks this weekend with the continuous drizzle and rain. And look what was hatched here yesterday in the second of our ‘Duck’ workshops with Sue Rowe.
Just in time for Easter we had 9 ducks hatch yesterday, a selection of which are above. Which one is your favourite?
If you missed the workshop, or would like to but one as a present for someone they can be purchased from Cartwheels Shop open Wednesday to Saturday from 9.30am.