Description: Spend the day making this really useful sewing machine cover. It can be just to keep the dust off when the machine is not in use or add a gap for the handle so it can be used when taking your machine to classes and workshops. You can add pockets if you wish to keep the cables in, or the bobbins, or even the machine instructions to ensure that they are always to hand! Tailor made to fit your specific machine, this project is a good way of using up your fat quarters, or use I as an excuse to but some co-ordinating ones. I have used sewing themed fabric which is available in Cartwheels Shop.
* half metre of 100% cotton fabric for outer
* half metre of 100% cotton fabric for lining
* fat quarter of 100% cotton fabric for ends
* 1 metre of wadding
* 505 spray
* Sewing machine in good working order that you are familiar with using
* Applique foot for sewing machine
* Basic sewing kit to include pins, threads, scissors, tape measure etc
Tutor: Julia Gerry
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and cake will be provided but you are required to bring a packed lunch.
The venue offers ample free off road parking, disabled access and facilities