Description: This festive trio of robbins design with holly and ivy leaves is machine appliqued for a quick Christmas project if time is short! Alternatively you can hand stitch or free machine embroider if you wish. A small zig-zag stitch has been used to give a soft edge to the applique, a variegated thread could also be used.
- FQ of fabric for the background, maybe calico, osnaburg or cotton linen
- FQ 100% cotton fabric for the borders
- 0.5m 100% cotton fabric for the backing
- assorted 100% cotton green fabric for the leaves
- narrow pieces 12″ long of 100% brown cotton fabric for the branches
- Vilene M12
- Wadding 20″ x 29″
- red buttons or beads for holly berries
- Threads to match fabrics
- Black thread for eyes and legs of robbins
- Sewing machine in good working order that you are familiar with using
- General sewing kit including pencil, scissors, pins etc
Tutor: Sue Rowe
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and cake will be provided but you are required to bring a packed lunch.
The venue offers ample free off road parking, disabled access and facilities.