Description: This one day workshop is an excellent opportunity to sketch, draw and paint in the rural and inspirational setting of Cartwheels Craft Centre.
We will spend the day learning how to choose a composition, make observational sketches, take creative notes and colour references. Using our sketches, photographs and gathered information from working in situ we will learn how that information can inspire our paintings that we create in the studio.
- selection of pencils and drawing pens
- selection of watercolour paints
- selection of watercolour brushes
- a variety of A4 papers and sketchbooks, watercolour paper and cartridge/drawing paper
- a palette or plate for mixing colours
- a small water pot
- kitchen roll or tea-towel
- masking tape
- a 12″ x 16″ A3ish size piece of heavy card or board to rest paper on
- a small stool/chair or blanket is recommended to sit on
- rain wear and suncream is advisable!
Tutor: Jennie Boniface
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and cake will be provided but you are required to bring a packed lunch.
The venue offers ample free off road parking, disabled access and facilities.