Description: This workshop is for people who are new to patchwork or those who would like a refresher. During the workshop you will learn the traditional techniques such as using a cutting mat, a rotary cutter, acrylic rulers, how to make templates, seam allowances and much more. At the end of the day you will go home with a completed pin cushion that you have decorated with hand quilting.
If you enjoy the day and want to practice what you have learnt, there will be further workshops during the year that might be of interest to you.
- Fat quarter of 100% cotton
- Fat quarter of Calico
- Basic sewing kit to include paper scissors, fabric scissors, pins, needles and thread to match your fabric.
- Template plastic / card (a cereal box is fine) and a pritt stick
- Quilting thread or embroidery thread to match your fabric.
- Bag of stuffing
- Pencil and note book
- Sewing machine in good working order
Fabric, Vilene and stuffing can be purchased from our shop.
Tutor: Sue Rowe
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and cake will be provided but you are required to bring a packed lunch.
The venue offers ample free off road parking, disabled access and facilities