Cartwheels will be holding it’s third Charity Quilting Exhibition on 28th, 29th and 30th September in aid of Bowel Cancer UK.
The exhibits will be the work of the ladies that attend Cartwheels sewing groups and workshops at the craft centre.
- £2 admission which will go straight to Bowel Cancer UK
- There will be a raffle with all proceeds going to Bowel Cancer UK with the first prize being a hand made quilt that has been kindly donated by Margrette Munroe who attends our sewing groups.
- Also prizes kindly donated by Penny O’Connor, Loveny Willow, Rock Cottage Pottery and Troutbeck Plant and Nursery.
- Disabled access and facilities with ample free off road parking
28th, 29th and 30th September 10am – 4pm
Please come along and view the fabulous work that will be on display, visit the shop and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee with a slice of delicious homemade cake and experience the inspirational and tranquil environment that Cartwheels has to offer, all while supporting a very worthwhile charity.
Cartwheels will be holding it’s sixth Summer Craft Fair on Saturday 16th June from 10am – 4pm.
- Come and see a wide variety of quality locally produced arts and crafts on sale:- Cornish Pebbles Jewellery, Loveny Willow, Clareabelle Crafts,The Felted Sheep, Lily Burl, Caradon Country Seat, Horse Shoe Art, Treweatha Crafts, Troutbeck Nurseries, Seapea, Penny O.Connor, Bill Jones Pottery, Chris Cook Stained Glass and many more.
- Visit Cartwheels Shop for all of your patchwork and quilting supplies as well as hand made cushions, bags, chickens, ducks, fabric boxes and much more
- Troutbeck Nurseries will be here with their wide range of quality plants including bedding, hanging baskets, herbs, perennials, roses, shrubs, hedging and much more.
- Refreshments on the lawn
- Disabled access and facilities
- Ample free off road parking
Come and enjoy the rural and inspirational setting that Cartwheels has to offer.
Troutbeck Plants and Nursery now have a permanent sales site here at Cartwheels. Their fantastic range of top quality plants is on display at the front of the Craft Centre which compliments the rural and inspirational setting that Cartwheels has to offer.
The range of plants includes shrubs, roses, perennials, herbs, palms, bedding and hedging. All plants are clearly labelled and competitively priced so come along and have a look for yourselves.
In addition to Cartwheels Shop for all of your patchwork and quilting needs including cushions, bags, lampshades and wall hangings, we have now opened the ‘Mezzanine Gallery’. This incorporates the quality arts and crafts of local people including ‘Loveny Willow’, ‘Penny O’Connor Textile Artist’, ‘Rock Cottage Pottery’, ‘Botanical Tiles’, ‘Suzanne’s Winter Warmers’ and ‘Sue Martin Buttons and Cards’.
We are open Wednesday – Saturday 9.30am – 4pm and Sunday 10am – 4pm.
With our disabled access and ample off road parking a visit to Cartwheels is a must for everyone.
On Good Friday and Easter Saturday we will be holding an Easter Event.
This will include the launch of Troutbeck Plants and Nursery who will be having a permanent sales area at Cartwheels. If anyone has purchased some of their lovely plants at our previous craft fairs they will realise the quality of their perennials, shrubs, bedding, hedging, herbs, palms and more.
We will also be launching our ‘Mezzanine’ area where there will be permanent sales of art and craft products from our talented local people.
This two day event will be from 9.30am – 4pm each day with tea, coffee and homemade cakes available. Don’t forget we have ample free off road parking with disabled access and facilities.
We recently welcomed a group of sewing ladies on their second ‘Sewing Retreat’ at Cartwheels. They took over Winnow Barn and took advantage of the spacious 42′ long lounge and converted it into a extra large sewing studio.
We added additional tables and chairs to the kitchen so that the work stations in the lounge didn’t need to be interrupted at meal times.
If they ran out of supplies while they were here, of course they could simply pop across the lawn to Cartwheels Patchwork & Quilting Shop to find a wide selection of fabrics, thread, wadding, notions and much more.
During their stay, the ladies were welcome to join in with any of the activities that were going on in the Craft Centre such as sewing groups or workshops.
So if you belong to a sewing group, or if you have a group of friends with a shared interest of sewing, and would like to spend some quality time enjoying your hobby away from the phone, the washing, the ironing or even the husband then contact Julia via the contact form or on 01579 343675 / 340026 to check prices and availability.
We are holding a 4 day deal 3rd – 6th January with 15% off everything!
Fabric, wadding, notions, bags, cushions and yes WORKSHOPS!
Please call into the shop or make payment over the phone to take advantage of the discount for workshops.
Our Christmas Craft Fair this year will be held on 4th and 5th November, 10am – 4pm both days. A wide selection of local top quality artists and crafters will be here selling their products:-
The Felted Sheep, Loveny Willow, Lily Burl, Cornish Pebbles, Wicca Work, Alan Thomas Wood Turning, Treweatha Crafts, Caradon Country Seat, Bill Jones Pottery, Peter Grigg Leather, Sampford Alpacas, Country Cottage Ceramics, Penny O’Connor, Clarabelle Crafts, Country Cottage Crochet, Troutbeck Nurseries and more.
Refreshments including tea, coffee, cake and pasties.
Ample free off road parking with disabled access and facilities.